Sunday, June 28, 2009

Some first attempts at "maternity pictures"

So... after the baby shower, Jason and I got inspired to take some "maternity pictures" before I get too huge to be the slightest bit "cute" anymore... :)

Here's just a little idea we had...
.... that we kept experimenting with ...

... and then Daddy had a goofy idea that ended up being absolutely hysterical! In order for me to get enough blocks balanced on my tummy for them to spell what Jason wanted, I had to push the top of my belly out as hard as I could... which meant I had to hold my breath so they wouldn't collapse. Well, I did pretty well... I only made a couple blocks fall off a couple times... Jason would set up the blocks, go back to the camera and then my light breathing would knock a couple off, so he fixed them... then it happened again... and again... so then the last time he was getting the camera more ready so I wouldn't have to hold my breath as long...and RIGHT as he was counting down to take the shot (3....2.........) Karson kicked and knocked like 5 blocks over... Jason got so frustrated (thinking I just was just trying to be a pain in the butt) and I started laughing, which made the rest of them crumble, which made me laugh more... and he was like "forget it... I'm done!" I was cracking up trying to explain that the baby kicked the blocks off... that it wasn't my fault... it was just really funny! Anyway, after a couple minutes, he wanted to try it again... conquer the beast, so to speak... here's how it turned out...
... next time we'll shoot for an essay.... I'll have to buy more blocks!

I think next time we'll also have Aunt Kacy come shoot the pictures too so that we can do some more cute ones with the two of us without having to keep running back to the tripod...

3 comments:

  1. awww....sooo cute! I hope you have triplets next time so Jason can spell out, "Mommy and Daddy and Karson love Huey and Dewey and Louie!" hahaha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pics, very cute and creative with the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! I just noticed your watch tan!!

    ReplyDelete

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker