Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My family's baby shower!

So, here are some pictures from my shower (finally!) My mom and I had cute matching sashes saying "mother to be" and "grandma to be" and Jason had a cute little pin that said "dad to be" (which he wore PROUDLY!).

Jason was the first person to open up a gift (and that was really the only one he opened) but it was a special "Daddy" T-shirt! He keeps looking at it every day saying "I can't wait to wear that at the hospital!"

I'll save you some of the million pictures Jason took of me opening gifts and just cut to a really adorable one! I don't know if you can even read it, but this little monkey blanket is SO soft and cuddly and on his arm, "Karson" is embroidered... SO ADORABLE!

Here's a shot with me and my sisters....
and my momma with her sister... (my mom, sisters, and aunt all chipped in to get us an AWESOME new video camera for the baby! We've already started making some fun videos of getting the room ready and so forth... hopefully we'll be posting some soon!)

And... here's a shot of my mom, aunts and a couple cousins with me and Jason outside...

And... this is just a really funny picture (even though you can't even read the ribbon...) but it says "How big is mommy!" :( lol It's for the game where everyone guesses how much ribbon it will take to make it all the way around my belly. Pregnancy certainly is not a time to be self conscious in any way! Your body gets groped by strangers, and family makes a game out of guessing how fat you are! AWESOME! :)

And... this last one is one of my favorites! Jason, totally pooped (after his first shower experience....). Guys totally can't handle the whole center-of-attention-for-4-straight-hours-when-you-have-to-be-super-appreciative-and-polite..... lol. I also like that you get a little sneak peek into the baby nook behind him... with some of the blankets draped over the crib and some of the monkeys and other stuffed animals peeking over the top. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker