Thursday, June 25, 2009

Week 33

With midnight bathroom runs, heartburn, racing thoughts, and my basketball-sized belly, it's no wonder sleep is elusive. Third trimester insomnia strikes about three-quarters of pregnant women and I am TOTALLY one of them! Poor Jason is becoming one of the 1/3 of men who are also affected... :( I guess it's great training for both of us for those sleepless nights to come! The baby is still gaining weight (about half a pound a week), and he could grow up to another full inch this week. With that much baby inside my uterus, my amniotic fluid level has maxed out, which explains why some of his pokes and kicks feel pretty sharp these days with less fluid to cushion the blows. Antibodies are being passed from me to baby as he continues to develop his own fetal immune system, which will come in handy once he's outside the womb and fending off all sorts of germs.

This is pretty exciting: The baby's eyes are closing during sleep and opening while he's awake! SO COOL! (but it makes my eyes scratchy thinking about what it feels like to open my eyes under water...)

7 weeks to go!

2 comments:

  1. could we get just a few belly pics????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep asking Jason to take some! He always says "yeah sure!" but then we never get to it... I'll make sure we get on that immediately!

    ReplyDelete

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker