Monday, June 15, 2009

Neurotic Mommy

So, I had a bit of a scare this morning... I tried to talk myself out of it, but it just wouldn't go away. I was thinking last night that I hadn't really felt the baby move that much during the day... and then he didn't really move at night either. Jason tried singing and there was really just like one small movement that either of us felt. So I just figured he must be tired and went to sleep. Then in the morning, I was laying there expecting to feel him moving because he's been moving more often in the morning lately but ... nothing. I was getting nervous but I just told myself "okay, calm down just eat something and see if that makes him move...." and still nothing. So, I called the doctor's office and left a message... my mom randomly called me and of course she just sets off the water-works immediately. But, as I was talking to her, he moved and it was a pretty big one... so that calmed me a little. Then the doctor's office called back and said that since he's getting bigger, he'll start moving less because he has less room (which I knew)... but that I should be able to expect 4-6 movements after I ate... I told her I felt one... so she said to wait and eat lunch and pay close attention; if I didn't feel 4-6 movements after I ate lunch, I was supposed to call her.

So I ate lunch... and waited in angst! I felt a couple movements but not 4-6 and as I sat and debated calling, he moved about 5 -7 times in a row... it was like a jungle gym! So, I just sort of laughed to myself and took a deep breath! Whew.

I guess this is the beginning of my neurotic behavior as a fretting mother............. great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker