Friday, June 5, 2009

A New Experience...

So, we made a trip to the emergency room this morning (not the new experience, if you haven't guessed; I feel like I've been living at hospitals the past 5 months or so!). Kacy got clobbered in gym class playing volleyball and it was recommended she go get checked out.

After a CAT scan and other basic diagnostic tests, they ruled out any brain bleeds... she just has a minor concussion. BUT.... while we were waiting for her in the ER room, I had a brand new experience with baby!

You know that horribly annoying beeping that those machines do while you're in there... sometimes they're not on... but when they are that sound is just like SO unnerving. Usually, you can just tune it out after the first few "errrrrr"s happen since you're prepared for it and you know it's coming... but, when there's a little baby experiencing the world vicariously through your experiences, he doesn't really know how to just tune things out just yet....

Well, let me tell you! Karson does NOT like the "errrrr" noise at all! Before today, when my mom would tell me stories about how she could tell which types of music I liked in her womb on her hour long drives to work every day, I always thought to myself "well, how do you know I didn't like hard rock? Maybe I moved around more because I LOVED it!!!" I mean, it's believable because I still don't like very loud bouncy music unless I'm really hyped up for some reason, but I still wondered how could you possibly know the difference. Now, I understand.

His movements were so jerky and almost even panicky in nature. He was like punching my belly button and it was making me feel uncomfortable like I needed to leave. It was very strange, but also kind of cool in a way... being able to distinguish between feelings of enjoyment and agitation just by the type of movement. Nana (Minter) said he got nervous because he knew he wasn't ready to come out yet... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker