Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anatomy Ultrasound!

So, today was the official anatomy ultrasound! After the past two weeks running around to and from the hospital and everything like a psycho getting no sleep, no rest, and unbalanced/untimely meals.... I was so afraid they were going to tell me something was horribly wrong with the baby.... Being at the high-risk doctor for this ultrasound didn't assuage that fear at all either....

When the technician turned the screen on, I was so shocked to see how much the baby had grown since my last ultrasound!!!! I mean, you expect that he'll grow, of course, but it was just shocking to see how much bigger and how much more human he looked!!! All of his measurements came out great again, everything measuring right on time and looking great! The doctor told me he didn't want to see me ever again (meaning that my blood tests were fine and I don't have any reason to be at the high-risk doctor...) So that was excellent news! The technician was able to clearly show me testicles AND penis this time.... so we're 100% sure it's a boy! (Congratulations to those of you in the majority on our guess-the-sex poll; and to those of you who went back and changed your vote after finding out inside information: shame on you!).

They printed me out one picture (cheap bastards!) so we'll have to scan it in and see if I can post it later... but it's very cute! You can sort of see what he's going to look like already! He has this little button nose and you can see his lips and that he has no chin (like mommy!). My sister Brooke said that she has an ultrasound picture of my nephew from around 20-22 weeks and his profile is identical to what it is now. I thought that was pretty cool :) Jason and my features are so similar that it's going to be tough at first to try to figure out what of whose he has (what of whose he has... say that 5 times fast! Sounds like Dr. Seuss) Anyway, our eyes aren't hugely different in shape and we both have light eyes (his green/hazel, mine blue... we're voting on the blue genes for that one)... our noses are very similar in shape... his is just bigger (obviously) because he's bigger and he's a boy and boys have bigger noses... but the shape and the bridge and everything are very similar. Our lips have similar shapes...and are both right in the middle as far as not-to-thin, not hugely full.... Our ears aren't that differently shaped and the earlobes connect the same way. We have the same hair color (pretty much exactly) and we both are extremely muscular.

So here are the differences... our wish list for God as far as the gene pool goes:
  • I have blue eyes, Jason has hazel/green... both nice but if we had to pick, we'd pick blue!
  • Jason and I both have nice teeth but Jason didn't need braces and my teeth SUCK as far as being soft and cavity-prone! They've always been that way (same as my mom's) and no matter what I do, I'm doomed. Jason could not brush his teeth a day in his life and never get a cavity. He didn't go to the dentist for 10 years and I MADE him go... no cavities. I was so pissed. I go every other day and they always find new surprises. So... JASON'S TEETH, JASON'S TEETH!!!!
  • Jason's eyebrows are bushy and straight (good for a boy, bad for a girl...) Mine have a weird Dr. Spock shape... but they're not bushy, thick, & undefined so, a girl might appreciate that. :)
  • Jason gets allergies in the spring but other than that, neither of us are allergic to anything really... But, no spring allergies would be a nice gene to pass on.
  • My family is crazy... genetically predisposed to addiction (but that can be managed with a healthy fear of substances)... but the Bi-Polar/Depression piece isn't as easy to manage. We're PRAYING that gene doesn't get passed along... it seemed to miss me, so hopefully it misses my kiddos too.
  • Jason has a butt-chin. Well, not a total butt-chin but there's an adorable dimple and I REALLY want our kids (especially boys) to inherit that gene! I love it!
  • Jason has long beautiful fingers & hands (but appropriately manly)... my fingers are chubby & stubby... I have triangle fingers and meat-hook hands. So, I'd like ALL of our kids to have his hands (but a girlier version any girls...)!
  • My mom is almost 53 and has 2 gray hairs that she savors.... I hope I inherited that gene! But it'd be nice for our kids to have that one too!
  • Jason needs glasses and my eyes are better than 20/20. Actually, they were 20/12 last time I had them checked a year or so ago (which means I can see something 20 feet away from me as if it's 12 feet away! That's pretty sweet! Even if they get "worse" they're still getting closer to "perfect" before they go bad, lol).
  • Perhaps the most obvious I've saved for last... I have musical ability... I have an ear for music and can pick up instruments pretty quickly, but Jason is incredible! I would be so excited if they inherited his singing ability & musical talent. The same goes the other way, Jason is pretty coordinated... he can pick up sports with a little practice and his accuracy & agility is pretty good... but my family has a pretty awesome athletic gene coarsing through! If Karson (or any of our kids) could inherit both of these genes, they'd be set! I don't think our kids will be struggling for smarts, so that shouldn't be an issue... but with the best of both of these worlds, plus the brains.... they'd be unstoppable! :)


1 comment:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker