Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm having a heart attack!!!

So, this morning, I was starting to get really nervous because I was sitting at my desk and I just started to feel like I couldn't breathe. When I breathed in deep, I got this stabbing pain in my chest like behind my sternum and a little bit to the left side.... almost where my heart is.... I waited a bit and it didn't subside.... so, I finally just started looking up my symptoms on websites like WebMD and all (like I always do)... but, what I was reading didn't give me any solace. The options for diagnosing my symptoms were Indigestion (probable) and a Pulmonary Embolysm... which, I have to say freaked me out. I kept reading that pregnant women are at a higher risk for heart attack... Now, I'm not a hypochondriac; I don't jump to "heart attack" when I feel the slightest symptom, but I wasn't getting any answers whether my symptoms more closely resembled Indigestion or some heart issue. So, I finally just called my OBGYN's office and spoke with the triage nurse and after answering some of her questions, she wanted me to come in immediately.

Yeah, so that made me nervous.

Anyway, I saw the doctor and she just started asking me her own questions about what I was feeling. The baby's heartbeat was at 146 and mine was fast too (because I was nervous) and my blood pressure was 130/85 when two days ago at my last appointment, it was 110/70! lol. She said she was pretty confident it was indigestion I was experiencing because I wasn't short of breath, and I wasn't getting cloudy vision, feeling dizzy, turning blue, etc... and the pain wasn't traveling down my arm or anything. She asked me what I ate for breakfast (a banana & a baggie of some dry cereal)...... then she looked at me puzzled and said "okay, what did you have for dinner?" I said "a turkey & cheese sandwich........ but then I had 2 tacos at 2:30 am because I wa starving!" She said.... "did you go to bed right after that?" I said "yeah.... immediately after. The baby was REALLY active last night and when I laid down to fall asleep I kept waking up hungry and the baby was going crazy so I figured he was hungry too.... left over tacos just sounded reallllly good." She said, "yeah, I'd definitely say it's indigestion!" haha.....

Moral of the story: 1) Don't eat right before laying down. 2) Don't eat tacos right before laying down. 3) Don't eat tacos at 2:30 am right before laying down!

Anyway, she said she was glad I came in, which made me feel less stupid. I told her my main problem is that I'm really healthy. I've never felt any of these crazy things that most people get every now & then or even often! I've never had indigestion! I've barely even had heartburn or acid reflux.......... but at least I can easily identify those things. But all these other querks..... most of them are brand new experiences for me! Luckily, I usually find comfort in my research online, but today.... I just didn't.

So, don't worry everyone..... no heart attack! Pepcid AC should fix this one! Whew! Dodged another bullet!

Oh yeah, and that pound I gained this week..... forget it. I lost it again already. My weight is remaining the same, but my belly is getting fuller & harder..... explain that.......

...... still not complaining!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!

    (They just say they're glad you came in...then they laugh at you after you leave.) :-D

    ReplyDelete

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker