Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 25

So, today starts the 25th week! That means on some calendars, I'm officially in my 6th month starting this week (although some say I was there last week... who knows). It also means I'm 3 weeks away from my third trimester already!!! WOW! What? haha!

The baby should reach about nine inches in length this week and pass the pound and a half mark. Under his skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood and by week's end, air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in his lungs, getting them ready for his first breath. They're still developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth. And speaking of breathing, the baby's tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open and his vocal chords are getting ready to roar. Hopefully he'll be able to use them like his daddy does! Sing, baby, sing!!!

One thing I read this week that I thought was so cool is that the amniotic sac is climate controlled, keeping the baby at an always comfortable temperature! That's pretty neat! Another thing I read that's not so neat is that more than half of all pregnant women experience swollen, itchy veins in the rectum due to that big old uterus pressing down as well as to increased blood flow to the area (but THANKFULLY I'm not one of them... keep your fingers crossed!)

I've felt (the past two days) that I popped out overnight. Suddenly, one day (... I guess it was Tuesday, 4/28...) I just felt huge. I felt like I couldn't breathe and I could barely eat anything without getting immediately and uncomfortably full.... and my clothes started to feel a little tight. Hmm... then, last night I was telling my mom how I felt and she said "yeah, I actually noticed today but I didn't want to mention it!" lol. So, I guess I'm not imagining things. Maybe I actually look pregnant now! Maybe people at work will stop insinuating that I'm faking it!!! :)

I can't believe I only have 15 weeks to go. It just doesn't sound like much time at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker