Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 22

This week, the baby weighs in at a whopping pound and measures nearly eight inches, about the size of a small doll. He can now perceive light and dark and can hear our voices, my heartbeat, and my gurgling stomach and the whoosh-whoosh of blood circulating through my body. Must be a warm, calming place to be (except when I'm yelling at Jantzi! haha).

At 22 weeks pregnant, my uterus is now about an inch above my belly button — growing by leaps and bounds. It definitely feels harder & more rounded... I haven't particularly noticed my feet growing, though... Jason's sister, Laura, said she changed a whole shoe size during pregnancy!!! crazy! Apparently, there's a pregnancy hormone called relaxin that helps loosen your pelvic ligaments (to make room for baby) but it expands ligaments all over your body (including your feet!) ... weird huh? My feet have definitely been sore & retaining a little fluid (edema) but I don't feel like they've grown at all............... What on earth would I do if I couldn't fit into my shoes that I've had for 10 years? lol.

2 comments:

  1. "relaxin" sounds pleasant.

    chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool, shootin' some bball outside of the school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to buy all new shoes!!!:) Mine grew a 1/2 size with Christin. The good news is they don't continue to grow with each child!

    ReplyDelete

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker