Thursday, March 26, 2009

Week 20

If, by chance, we're having a girl, her uterus is now fully formed and her ovaries are holding about seven million primitive eggs. If we are, in fact, having a boy, his testicles have begun their descent from the abdomen to the scrotum. The baby is about ten ounces, six and a half inches long now (about the size of a cantelope), but there's still plenty of growing room (somehow) in the oven, which allows him to twist and turn.
I've begun to notice that my fingernails are stronger and they grow REALLY fast! I just clipped them down to the finger and a week later they're long again! My hair all over my body is supposedly also thicker and fuller than usual as well (although I haven't particularly noticed that....) all thanks to pregnancy hormones and increased circulation, which furnish extra nutrients to hair and nail cells. I'm definitely getting a beard.... but I've been tweezing those little sprouts on my chin and have been comforted by the knowledge that this situation is indeed, temporary!!! But, I'm not excited about that excessive hair loss that people talk about after delivery.... when you feel like you're going bald! :( lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker