Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Contractions?????

So, today I was sitting at my computer at work and I was thinking.... "hmm... it feels like I'm gonna get my period soon...." and then I thought.... "wait a minute!!!! INCONCEIVABLE!" So then I began to wonder if it was a problem that I was feeling a tiny bit crampy.... And this is what I found:
  • "As early as your fourth month, but usually in your sixth or seventh month, you'll experience what may feel like mild menstrual cramps. This is your uterus tightening in what are called Braxton-Hicks contractions (named after the doctor who identified them). These "practice" contractions are getting your uterus ready for the hard work of pushing your baby out when you're ready to give birth. They can last anywhere from 30 seconds to two minutes, and will become stronger and more frequent as your due date approaches. If you're uncomfortable, try lying down, shifting position, or getting up and walking around. Sometimes a change of position is all that it takes to ease the contractions."

So, I was having contractions! CRAZY! Just sittin' at my desk....... having contractions. No biggie.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker