Friday, April 3, 2009

Week 21

The baby is about the size of a large banana now!!! (and I believe now we start measuring head to toe instead of crown to rump, which will make measurements by fruit more difficult....) — and speaking of bananas, if I eat one this week, there's a good chance the baby will get a taste, too. That's because he swallows a bit of amniotic fluid each day (for nutrition, hydration, and to practice digesting), so he eats whatever is on my menu. (I wonder if that means he likes Pepsi.... Pepsi has never tasted so good in my life as it has the past few weeks! And it STINKS because I have to be really cautious of how much I'm having due to the caffeine. I particularly like fountain soda which poses a problem in the "solution" people keep presenting me with which is, "why don't you just get caffeine free?" YEAH! I would! But no one sells it in fountain form or at any restaurants or anything! But thanks for your help!!!)

I think it's pretty cool that the baby has very developed taste buds already! I've read that researchers have noted that babies who were exposed to certain tastes in-utero via the amniotic fluid were more eager to eat foods with that same taste after birth! How cool is that? I guess I better start eating a lot of Broccoli and veggies so I don't have to struggle with him in 6 months or so! lol.

From what I read, the baby still has a lot of room in my womb right now — though like anyone who lives in one space for a long time, my little tenant will soon begin to feel cramped. :( But until the uterine walls start closing in, there's plenty of space for twisting, turning, and even an occasional somersault. I think I may have felt a little bit of fluttering last week.... I was sitting down doing bills and my stomach felt like I was being called out onto stage or something.... but I wasn't. I was in the comfort of my dining room, completely calm. So those little butterflies.... I believe may have been the first time I felt him move... but I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker