Friday, February 27, 2009

Week 16

So I'm starting to feel like my belly is feeling more bloated than usual. It's a little hard to get a good breath sometimes... and that could also be because I'm completely congested as well... I love that I feel every single symptom listed on websites... of course I couldn't just feel a few... or a couple; every single one. Jason said it's because I'm an over-achiever. ha. ha. ha........

Good news is that the baby is bulking up too, now weighing close to 3 to 5 ounces and about 4 to 5 inches in (crown to rump) length, about the size of a granny smith apple. His/Her tiny muscles, especially the ones in his/her back, are gaining strength so he/she can straighten out a little more soon (at which point we'll start measuring head to feet).


The baby has eyebrows and eyelashes! And his/her vision is developing very quickly and the eyes are finally working able to perceive light and make small side-to-side movements (although the eyelids are still sealed). So, technically, we could play peek-a-boo with a flashlight! lol.

So, I know I read before on some other site that the baby's hearing develops at 13 weeks but what-to-expect.com says it's during this week! So, who knows! At least we can say the baby can DEFINITELY hear us now even if it couldn't the first 2 or 3 weeks we were playing Norah for him/her! Apparently it is THIS week that the bones in the baby's ears are in place, which make it possible to hear our voices or Norah's.

The baby's skin is practically translucent now, so if you took a peek inside my uterus, you'd be able to see the baby's blood vessels under his/her thin skin!!! It won't be until the last few weeks (as far as I understand) that the skin becomes less see-through as it develops pigment and as the baby gains more fat on its little body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker