Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 14

Okay, so I was mistaken… for some reason, I thought the 13th week was the first week of the second trimester, but I haven’t “officially” entered into the second trimester until THIS week. (my bad). But… my nausea is certainly subsiding and my energy level is making a comeback.

One thing I started experiencing very frequently this week has been these sharp pains in my lower abdomen (usually when I suddenly change positions or when I get up too quickly…). I wasn’t quite sure why this was happening but I just figured it was normal. Turns out I’m RIGHT ON TIME…. That this pain starts to appear around 14 weeks and it has an official name: round ligament pain. It’s basically what I figured it was; the muscles and ligaments of the lower abdomen stretching to accommodate the rise of the uterus into the abdomen. So, I’m not crazy, abnormal, or anything like that… I’m a perfectly punctual pregnant person. (p-p-p-p-pppp-p-p).

In week 14, the baby is about the size of a lemon and is becoming extremely active, moving almost constantly! The baby is learning “better posture” now… not slouching or crunching up anymore… His/her neck is getting longer and the baby is looking much more straightened out (if we could see it).

It’s very possible that the baby has hair now that could possibly be his/her final color! The eyebrows are filling in too. The baby is also growing hair all over… a downy coating of hair called “lanugo” that keeps him/her warm & toasty! The monkey fuzz will shed after the baby packs on some pounds… but if it’s anything like me, it’ll still have black hair all over when it’s born!!! Lol. My mom held me for the first time and then cried and said “She looks like a monkeyyyyyyyy” to my dad. Lol. It all went away during my first bath (Thank you, Jesus!)

The baby is also able to clench his/her fists. It can wiggle his/her fingers and toes and even suck his/her thumb! SO CUTE!

Week 14, but sweet... not sour

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker