Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Love you, Poppy!


Norman C. Stinger

12.24.30 - 7.22.09


Some of you may know my grandfather just passed away this past week. He had been battling Parkinson's Disease for about a decade but it got really bad over the past few years. About a month ago, some tests came back that said he had cancer and it was basically everywhere so he didn't have much time. He passed early in the morning on July 22nd... so it's been a pretty rough week (and busy... preparing the service and everything).

He was quite the "free spirit".... and he always said he wanted us to have a big party when he passed. So... after the viewing and funeral and everything, that's exactly what we did. We went to the 25 club in Maple Shade, where he was a member for a LONG time! We've had tons of family parties, anniversaries, weddings, holiday parties, etc at this place so it feels a little like home for us.

We had tons of food and had the slideshow Jason & I made playing for most of the event, but my uncles (Kurt on the red keyboard, Mark on the microphone) sang a few songs and played some of my poppy's favorites; all dedicated to him, of course. It was really cool.

My cousins are goofy...
My mom & her siblings got to see some of their cousins from out-of-state... which was really nice.
I am the first grand-baby on my mom's side of the family... and following me was alllll girls! He didn't have any grandsons! So, you can imagine how thrilled he was to learn that he was having a great-grandson!!! Every time we saw him, he kept telling Jason "good job... I'm finally going to have a grandson!"
Sucks that he didn't get to meet him, but... I think I might call him peanut every once in a while since that was my poppy's nickname for me!
Love you Pop!

1 comment:

  1. Kristy, I am so sorry! I had no idea about this! We thought you seemed a little subdued at the shower. Now I know why. So sorry. {{{{hug}}}}

    ReplyDelete

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker