Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Last Shower (I promise)!

So, as most of you know, my bridal shower was ENORMOUS! There were something like 88 women there and it was awesome but I felt like I didn't have time to do anything but open gifts and I felt like such a spoiled brat! lol. So, imagining myself 8 or 9 months pregnant in the middle of the summer, I requested that if any showers were going to be thrown, could we do a few small ones instead of another huge one? Well, I really liked having the time to hang out with people at each shower this time! But I STILL feel like such a spoiled brat! At least now, I know these gifts really aren't for me! They're for the baby... but it's still overwhelming to be "showered" with so much love!

Candace & Steph planned this shower... and they got a bunch of help from awesome friends like the Minter clan (which still includes you, Shannon...) and Bernie and Alicia and Beck and I'm sure many other people I'm forgetting. Thank you everyone!

Steph drew this sign behind me in this picture! So cute! Look at all the monkey paraphrenalia surrounding me in this picture! I sure hope this kid doesn't grow to HATE monkeys!

Christin was my very special helper all day! She brought me gifts, took away trash and made sure I didn't miss any extremely important photo ops! :) She kept me on track!

Shannon made this AWESOME cake! I really really really didn't want to cut it, but I think everyone appreciated that I finally made myself, because even better than the decoration was the taste! WOW! Everyone was raving about it!

This is me "trying on" the baby's clothes at Nana minter's request... (corrected by Shannon to hold the onesie upside-down because that's most likely how he's positioned). I think they'll fit...
Just a shot with me & bester...
Here's the typical Messiah friends picture.... Amy wins the prize for traveling the farthest distance to attend! She came from a REAL jungle to the jungle themed party... and back to Africa she goes!What a pathetic "camp friends" picture..... WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE!!! lol.And one with my high-school girls! Jenna, Mandy, Rachel, & Kristen... can you tell we were all at the beach together the day before the shower? lol.
And Leeshie-poo....
And the baby kicking Alicia.... this was totally her idea............ :)
And while we have our bellies out, might as well compare to Aunt Candace..... who is not expecting.... so this makes no sense but it doesn't have to because it's Candace! I'm re-thinking this shot now that I see how stinkin skinny she is and how HUGE she makes me look! lol. I'm like 3 times her width!!!
And what would a baby shower be without a disgusting poopy-diaper game!


SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE! Karson can't WAIT to see his new room decorated with all the fun things everyone bought and I don't know if he'll even be able to WEAR all the clothes he's been given!!! Again, Jason and I feel so spoiled and blessed! Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to bring it all together!

2 comments:

  1. we're really running out of friend time!! it's sending me into a panic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy & Jason- I absolutely LOVE Karson's room! Everything looks amazing (what a great job you guys have done and so resourceful!!!!)

    Love it! Keep up the great work and blog (and do it all now.....trust me, before the baby comes b/c you won't have time for that once he's here). Love yous! Jen

    ReplyDelete

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker