Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another Ultrasound

I had another ultrasound today... at Jefferson University Hospital. This one wasn't as fun as the others, though (unfortunately)... I didn't get any videos or pictures this time because the guy who knew how to work the machine wasn't there to burn me a DVD.. :( So basically I was a pregnant dummy-model for students who were definitely learning..... lol. They must be the new kids on the block.

What we did get out of this ultrasound was seeing a bigger baby in there who was actually starting to look a little crowded, a heartbeat of 156, and all measurements looking very consistent (still) with most of them showing up as 17 weeks and 3 or 4 days (which is pretty close).

I tested the students to see if they could tell me what the sex of the baby was... and I didn't tell them about the other appointment. Again, they found what they thought to be "male parts" but weren't confident so they called the instructor in and she said "I can pretty confidently tell you that it's a boy but I don't want to say 100%, since it's still sort of early to know for sure." At that point, I told them all that I had another doctor say the same thing the previous week so I was just trying to see what they'd say and if they could find anything.

So, that's another confirmation to us that Baby Straub is, in fact, a baby boy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww I love being able to think of him as a "he" instead of an it! LOL And I hope you're set on Karson, because that's always how I think of him now. If you change your mind, I'll have to relearn something new. And I hate learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my last ultrasound at 27 weeks was the first time I didn't ask them to check and make sure it was still a boy! They told me 3 times before I really believed them:)

    ReplyDelete

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker