Monday, March 2, 2009

It's a ....................... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, many of you may have already heard, but here's the scoop:

Today we went to our appointment at the high-risk doctor (they wanted to test my blood because something goofy showed up in my iron count or whatever... nothing to worry about). Anyway, unbeknownst to me, they had every intention of doing an ultrasound! What a fun surprise!

As Jason and I sat in the room waiting for the technician, I said... "hey, how weird would it be if she could actually see the sex of the baby today and we weren't even expecting to know till next week or 2 weeks from now!" Jason said he was thinking the exact same thing but didn't want to get too excited!

She came back in and started taking all of her measurements and whatnot. Then, when she was getting the femur length (femur = thigh bone for those of you who are going "fe-who?"). She was taking the measurement, and I was looking at the screen and I saw something between the kiddos legs. I thought to myself... um.... is that what I think it is? Then the technician stopped and said "oup.... look at that! It's early yet, but if I had to guess, I'd definitely say that's a little boy in there!" I said "yeah, I was about to ask if that was something... I saw it too" Then a couple seconds later she tried peeking again and found that little spot again with no problem. She said "Yeah, if you asked me, based on that I'd definitely say it's a boy... although I would wait for a few weeks before you go paintin' the nursery!!!"

So, the vast majority of you who have voted boy... chances are you're very good guessers! Like I said, we may not know for absolute sure, but it seemed awful promising that the little bun in the oven will be named Karson! :)

For now, we have the pronoun we were asking for. From this point forward, (or until further notice), we will refer to said baby as "he."

And all God's people say: AMEN!

5 comments:

  1. YAY a boy!!!!! Zoe calls dibs on Karson :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The boy streak continues.. Maybe it's not only the water at Laural Hill, but South Jersey water in general.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! Our little psuesins (think about it, you'll figure it out quick:) will be such great buddies!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! and poor Renee! You jumped ahead of her in the finding out line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so excited!!! I'd be equally excited either way I guess LOL. But think about how much fun you and Shannon can have with play dates! I'm so glad my sister's there to stand in for me :) I cannot wait to meet Karson!!! (and find out what his middle name will be)

    ReplyDelete

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker