Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week 27

At this stage of pregnancy, we officially start measuring the baby from head to toe, rather than crown to rump... which means the baby should be about 15 inches in length. He should also weigh close to (if not over) two pounds! Wow!

Most babies this age still like to snuggle in a slightly curled position inside the uterus (thus the term "fetal position"). Maybe because they don't have much of a choice! haha. But when my friend Casandra's baby Ashton was born, he always used to love laying on her stomach all curled up in a snuggle ball. So cute!

The baby's auditory development is progressing as the network of nerves to the ears matures. And even though the sounds he hears are muffled, he or she may recognize both yours and your partner's voices already. I've also read that if Jason presses his ear to my belly, he might be able to hear the baby's heartbeat.... he's excited to try that this week sometime.

The baby's taste buds are very developed now too (with more taste buds than he will ever have outside the womb, actually). Some babies will even respond to certain tastes (like spicy food) by hiccupping. I've read that hiccups feel like belly spasms... which is so weird because I was JUST telling Jason I've been feeling a new kind of movement that feels like muscle spasms in my belly.... So, now I know what that is!

The baby has been moving around quite a bit lately! Sometimes, I can even see my belly move when he kicks or squirms, which is so cool! He's also been really cooperative for Daddy.... on several occasions, Jason has put his hand on my belly while he's kicking and he'll kick right where Jason's hand is several times in a row. Maybe he's slapping him a high-five.... or saying "yo, dad... I'm already crammed enough as it is, can you give me some space?" ahh.... not looking forward to those teenage years quite yet :)

This is my last week in my second trimester! I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker