Friday, May 22, 2009

Really cool story!

Wednesday night, before bed, Jason laid his head on my belly and sang to the baby (which he's done a few times before) but something really cool happened! During the first song he sang, I felt the baby move around like he was getting excited. I told Jason to sing another one and as he did, the baby starting kicking (or pushing) up right where Jason's mouth was... right where his voice could be heard the clearest! He pushed up or kicked 4 times in a row RIGHT in that spot! Jason joked that the baby was telling him to shut up.... but I really believe he was showing us that he liked it!

So, of course, we decided to try it again last night... as soon as Jason came in the room and started talking, the baby started moving around a lot! I was like, "I think he's recognizing your voice!!!" As Jason sang, he did the same thing again, hitting right where his mouth was... which isn't by any means a usual place where I feel kicks. I also felt like the baby was trying to push himself up closer to Jason's voice like he was trying to get close to it but there was this stupid pesky wall in between! It was SO cool! I really think he might be our little musical prodigy.... We keep talking about whether he'll enjoy athletics or music or both.... he's not all that acrobatic so far... not very jumpy.... but he REALLY seems to like Daddy's singing! :)

It was just a really really cool experience on both occasions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker