Thursday, May 7, 2009

Week 26

This week, the baby opens his eyes for the first time! I, on the other hand, can't keep mine closed! I have fallen helpless victim to pregnancy insomnia. I have trouble getting comfortable and being able to breathe at the same time... lol and I have to get up every 2 or 3 hours to pee.... and then start the whole process over again, but sometimes strong pangs of hunger take me on a tour of the kitchen at 3 am first.... then no matter what I snack on to quench the hunger, I get heartburn when I lay back down and have to chew one of my little tablets... lol. What a mess! The dog is so confused every night.

The baby now weighs a full two pounds measuring 9 or more inches! This week, his eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open! This means if the baby spots a bright light, he may move around a little more! The baby's brain-wave activity is kicking in at this stage in fetal development as well, which means he can not only hear noises but can now also respond to them with an increase in pulse rate or activity. Last night, Jason and I were singing a song that was stuck in both of our heads and he started moving around SO much!!! I was amazed! It was like he was telling us he was enjoying the serenading (or he was telling mommy to shut the heck up so he could hear daddy better!)... lol.

He started kicking up a storm and Jason put his hand on my lower abdomen and the baby kicked his hand like 5 times in a row! He was so excited! We were both so thrilled that Jason could feel distinct kicks and feel more than one.... it was very cool! Then daddy fell asleep and baby kept dancing for about an hour........ lol. And mommy stared into the darkness of her room, listening to daddy slumber oh-so-peacefully and laughing at the dog whimpering and dream-barking.... I'm starting to get used to the idea that it will soon be a common experience to be wide awake with baby in the middle of the night. ahh..... I can't wait!
The baby will soon be feeling a little cramped in my uterus...(as you can see above) There's still plenty of room for him to grow, but he'll soon have less room for those somersaults, cartwheels, and other Olympic feats.... such as using my bladder as a soccer ball!


1 comment:

  1. Get used to the daddy sleeping oh-so-peacefully while you lay there awake, wondering if the baby is going to wake up, or if he's breathing ok, or if his diaper could use a changing, or wondering why you never noticed how loud your husband breathes when you're trying to fall back asleep... But (of course) it's all totally worth it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker