Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week 10

Here we are; the post we’ve all been waiting for!!! WEEK 10! Why are we so excited for week 10? Well, because baby Straub is now the size of a STRAWBERRY!!! YAY! Perfect! (and we’re all excited because Momma Kris hasn’t updated the blog in “over 10 days”……..geez… I didn’t know I had such avid readers! I’ll have to hold myself more accountable so I don’t get anymore hate emails!) Haha…

I’m actually flattered and surprised that so many people have been reading this! I figured it would end up just being me and Jason and probably the Minters. lol. I do have to clear one thing up, though…. there has been speculation as to whose hand is holding these model fruits… and, I’d like to throw it out there that my arms are not that hairy. Plus, use your brains people… who’s the photographer in this gig? :) lol. Yes, mystery solved… Jason is our hand-model! I feel the need to share with you that he especially loves having sharpee on his hand for two days after we take each picture. I tell him I’m growing a human and it’s a small price to pay! No, he has fun doing the pictures too. He’s no scrooge.

So What to Expect has informed me that I should expect to be constipated, but don’t worry folks, I’m not… at least not yet. The baby is taking on human shape now, as bones and cartilage are forming and tiny indentations on the legs are developing which will be knees and ankles! (let’s pray the strawberry doesn’t get mommy’s crappy knees). The arms already have elbows and can flex already! Even though the arms are getting stronger, each one is only about the size of this number 1.

This is a very bony week… the tooth bud fairy is making her appearance as well, as the strawberry’s teeth are forming under the gums. The baby’s stomach is producing digestive juices, the kidneys are producing more urine (gross) and if the strawberry is a boy… he’s already producing testosterone!

I haven’t had an ultrasound yet and they tell me I won’t until I’m 18 weeks along unless something is wrong (bleeding, cramping, etc). I go in tomorrow afternoon for my blood work and second pre-natal appointment. Hopefully we can listen to the dopplar or something to hear the baby’s heartbeat.

Keep praying for us! That we’re creating the healthiest little bugger possible! I’ve been so exhausted and have “episodes” where I literally cannot stay awake for another second and I crash (even at work). Jason has been so awesome taking on so many of the household things I used to be so on-top-of. Just a couple more weeks and I’ll be in my second trimester and will hopefully wake up.

Stay tuned, it’s almost week 11!

BARACK ATTACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker