Wednesday, January 28, 2009

D.I.P.S.

What is DIPS, you ask? A very real and very severe condition known as Dumbness In Pregnancy Syndrome, and I have been afflicted!

I believe I failed to report this incident when it occurred, but nearly two weeks ago, on January 16th, I was on my way to the teen center (where I work on Friday’s)… when my car started making funny noises and I felt like I was starting to slow down even though I wasn’t pressing on the brake… I looked down at my speedometer and realized that I was COMPLETELY out of gas! I have NEVER done that! 90 year-old women and 17 yr old girls run out of gas…. and to top it all off, it was the coldest day of the year and I was stranded on the side of the road. I called my good friend and Teen Center co-worker, Steph, to come bail me out and of course THIS was the day she was realizing her phone may be broken… I could hear her but she couldn’t hear me… So I’m screaming into the phone and she keeps hanging up on me! Finally I just texted her and she came & found me! We went to the closest gas station and begged the guy to let me borrow his gas can… he gave us this dinky little oil funnel which we realized AFTER we started pouring that it wouldn’t work… because it just poured right onto the ground… all but that which the wind blew onto my sweatshirt.

With FREEZING HANDS, we continued to struggle to get gas into my car. McGuivers that we are, we found a gallon milk jug in my car and scissors in hers and we made our own “funnel” to get enough gas into the tank so that I could fill up. Gasoline is VERY cold…. When we got to the point where we were trying to close the gas can, our hands were so cold they didn’t even work anymore and we were like trying to turn the cap with our wrists. It was horrible. I wreaked of gasoline and had to take off my sweatshirt…. so then when I got to the teen center (which had no heat, btw, due to a broken heater) I had to go into the mall and buy a jacket so I wouldn’t freeze to death over the next 6 hours or so.

The reason I tell you this story is that it is merely one in a series of events of my recent stupidity and new-found ditzy-ness. Jason and I agreed that we must document these “episodes,” as they are quite amusing. I’ve been having brain issues since Christmas, but I’m just recently starting wanting to document them, as they’re getting progressively worse.

Today, I had another such moment…

My keyboard at work was dusty… and I wanted to clean it off. I spotted a can of what I thought to be the aerosol air spray cleaner… so I put the little straw into the top of the can, shook it up and proceeded to spray all over my keys… when it wasn’t coming out as air, I started thinking “what the heck??” So I shook it more and sprayed it away from my computer…. and it was still a stream of moisture, not air. Perplexed, I began to examine the can for directions that I may have forgotten or missed…. when I realized it wasn’t aerosol keyboard cleaner at all…

IT WAS WD-40 !!!!! WD-40!!!!! I had just drenched my keyboard (and subsequently my laptop screen) with grease! You’ve got to be kidding me!!! What makes it worse was that I BOUGHT THE WD-40 myself for my squeaky computer chair…. WHY, OH WHY ON EARTH did I think it was keyboard cleaner??? What is WRONG with me???

They TOTALLY look the same, don't they? Anyone could mix them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker