Friday, December 19, 2008

Stay Positive!

Jason and I have been married for almost a year and a half. We’ve both been so excited to have kids… we joked that we wouldn’t mind coming home from the honeymoon pregnant, even though it may be less than ideal, financially.

Over the first year there were a couple times we thought we might be pregnant, but weren’t. It was always so exciting to take the home pregnancy tests…. but always so dishearteneing when they were negative. After about a year, we decided we wanted to be more intentional about “trying” but we were having a little trouble because I was so irregular. My doctor gave me a choice between birth control and Clomid to “straighten me out”….. Clomid being the choice that supports ovulation… so we chose that one!!!

The first month on Clomid, I was 6 days late and was experiencing some whacky PMS symptoms…. since I was on a constructed cycle, we thought… “maybe it’s real this time!!!” We tested…. and it was negative yet again. We tried not to entertain the idea that there may be something wrong because we both knew that God had placed this desire in our hearts and he would be faithful in his time. We made a pact that we wouldn’t take a home pregnancy test again unless I was at least 14 days late.

The following month, I noticed that I had an elevated temperature for several days in a row and wondered if I had some sort of infection I was fighting off because I didn’t feel feverish at all; just warm to the touch. I started researching it and realized that elevated temperature was a very common early indicator of pregnancy! Who knew?

I tried not to think about it… but I was 10 days late now and just had a “feeling” this time. Jason and I bought some home pregnancy tests and agreed to test the next morning. We prayed that God would bless us with a family, joking that we wanted to be fruitful. We also prayed that if this wasn’t God’s time, that he comfort and encourage us in the event of another negative test.

Jason woke me up the next morning and like a zombie, I stumbled to the bathroom to pee on a stick at 7 am! We couldn’t believe our eyes! THE TEST WAS POSITIVE IMMEDIATELY!!! Jason ripped open another test and tested again and it was immediately positive again! We couldn’t believe it! We’re going to be parents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker